DEADLINE EXTENDED TO JUNE 14, 2021
Are you a female student between 12-15 years of age?
It’s time to unleash your creativity & Win Prizes!
Career in ICT
Think of why you want to pursue a career in ICT
Create a short 2-3 minute video on why is it important for girls/women to pursue a career in ICT?
Your chance to win Laptops, Tablets, Mobile Phones and Data Plans
Deadline Extended to June 14, 2021 11:59 P.M. EST
VIDEO COMPETITION RULES
1. The Flow/BTC Video Competition (“the Competition”) begins on April 26, 2021 and ends on May 25, 2021. The deadline for the submission of entries has been extended from 11:59 P.M. on May 25, 2021 EST to 11:59 P.M. on June 14, 2021 EST. Each Entrant may only submit 1 entry.
2. This Competition is open to entrants (“Entrants”) in the following category:
- 2.1 Children (females) between the ages of 12-15 years of age with the prior written consent of a parent or legal guardian. The parent or legal guardian must sign the attached consent form.
3. The parent and/or legal guardian must present valid photo identification for the parent and/or guardian and the child (if available).
4. Entrants must be legal residents of one of the following countries where Cable & Wireless Communications (C&W), parent company of Flow/BTC, operates: Anguilla, Antigua, the Bahamas, Barbados, British Virgin Islands, Cayman, Curacao and the Dutch Caribbean, Dominica, Grenada, Jamaica, Montserrat, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent & the Grenadines, Trinidad & Tobago and Turks & Caicos
5. Children of Flow/BTC employees, authorised agents, business partners and their respective employees, and their immediate families are not eligible to participate in this Competition.
6. Entrants must create a mobile film created using the camera on a mobile device such as a tablet, smartphone or both and based on the theme/question (the “Work”). The video must be 2-3 minute in length excluding credits and in Mp4 or MOV HD file formats.
7. The Work must be the Entrant’s original work and shall not be a copy of, based on or derived from another party’s work. The Work shall not contain content including but not limited to songs, music, pictures, images, or assets, that is not the Entrant’s intellectual property. Entrants accept full liability for any copyright infringements. Any Work found to infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party shall be invalid and the Entrant (s) disqualified.
8. The Work must not directly, indirectly, or tacitly, use, promote or endorse the products and/or services of any competitors of Flow/BTC.
9. Works which contain nudity, malicious, illegal, immoral, sexual, pornographic, profane, violent, defamatory, vulgar, or otherwise undesirable content or Works which encourage or promote war, exercise of violence, fraud, prejudice, racism, or discrimination will not be accepted and will be eliminated from the Competition. Similarly, Works which violate copyright and intellectual property laws will be eliminated from the Competition.
10. Each Entrant warrants, represents and agrees that:
- 10.1 The Entrant’s parent or legal guardian, who has signed the Consent Form attached, has the full right and capacity to authorize the participation of the Entrant in this competition and grant all of the rights set forth herein to Flow/BTC.
- 10.2 The Work is an original work of authorship wholly original to the Entrant and in no part based upon or derivative of any other work including but not limited to any other literary or visual or audio material, dramatic work, motion picture, television production, or other creative work.
- 10.3 The Entrant is the sole, absolute, and unencumbered legal and beneficial owner of all rights, title, and interest in and to the Work and has not assigned, sold, or licensed such rights to any other individual or entity.
- 10.4 The Work does not infringe any copyright, patent, trademark, service mark, trade dress, trade secret, or any other intellectual property right of any person or entity or any agreement with third parties.
- 10.5 By participating in this Competition, the Entrants and winners agree to allow Flow/BTC to use their names, images, photographs, likeness, silhouettes and/or voices in any media whatsoever including but not limited to posters, magazines, newspapers, catalogues, brochures, packaging, television, film, radio, social media and electronic media for the purpose of advertising, trade or promotion without any further compensation whatsoever being due or payable to such Entrants and winners by Flow/BTC, their parent company or any of its affiliated companies.
- 10.6 Flow/BTC shall have an irrevocable, non-exclusive licence for the use of the winning Works for a period of three (3) years. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the winners shall not grant any competitor of Flow/BTC any right, license, or interest in the winning Works during the period of five (5) years.
- 10.7 Flow/BTC’s use of the winning Works and exercise of the rights granted will not defame or hold in a false light, or infringe any right of privacy, right of publicity or other personal right, or any Intellectual Property Right of any person.
11. Prize winners will be selected from among all eligible entries by a panel of judges who will review all entries. The judging criteria is attached as Appendix 1 to these Competition Rules. The decisions of the judges shall be final.
12. Flow/BTC reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
13. Prize Winners must sign Flow/BTC’s Liability Release prior to receiving their Prizes or will be disqualified and alternative winners selected at Flow/BTC’s sole discretion.
14. Prizes are not transferable and non-cash prizes may neither be exchanged nor redeemed for cash. Flow/BTC reserves the right to modify, suspend, cancel, or terminate this Competition within its sole discretion and reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant in its sole discretion.
15. By entering this Competition Entrants agree to be bound by these Competition rules. The decisions of Flow/BTC are final in all matters related to the Competition and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. Flow/BTC is under no obligation to exercise the Licensed Rights or use, distribute, or promote the Work.
17. C&W refers to Cable & Wireless Communications subsidiaries – Flow, BTC, C&W Business and Flow Business in the Caribbean.
Videos will be judged on creativity, message content and technical organization.
Creativity/Originality – 35 points
Message Content – 45 points
Technical Organization – 20 points
The video amassing the most votes online will win the People Choice Award. In the event of a tie, the score will be broken by the points from the judges based on the judging criteria above.